Tuesday, August 25, 2009

About Me

Read about my successful business career in technology and college career at UT Austin and Thunderbird on http://www.linkedin.com/in/libbistovall.

In 2005, my family supported my change in career to teaching. Particularly important to this is that my husband would soon retire from UPS and we wanted to travel with our fourteen-year-old daughter in the summers. The love I developed for children after adopting our daughter from China is another reason.

I taught Business for one year at Ranchview High School (CFBISD). I taught technology to K-8th graders for one year at Akiba Academy of Dallas. While at Akiba, I became partially paralyzed. Luckily, a German a doctor chose me to be the first person outside of Europe to have the cells from my lumbar discs cloned and re-injected into my spine - see my health blog http://us2germany4newspine.blogspot.com/ .

During my year of recuperation, I received teaching certifications in Technology Applications, Social Studies, and in Special Education. With my Business composite, I have five Teaching Certifications with the State of Texas. I am now in the teaching position of a lifetime. I am in my third year teaching for Dallas Independent Schools. I really enjoy life as a Social Studies Teacher at A. Maceo Smith High School.

No comments:

Post a Comment